On the Mid-List Author plan, there are three basic steps to sharing your books with readers: first, add an author name, then upload a book, and finally, you’ll send it to readers so they can download the book! Each of these steps is outlined below to get you started.
Learn how to navigate your dashboard here.
Add Your Pen Name
- Click Pen Names on your BookFunnel dashboard.
- Click Add Pen Name and complete the short form.
- Click Save Author.
Need more details? Learn more about pen names.
Upload Your Book
- Click Add New at the top of your BookFunnel dashboard and select Add New Book.
- Fill in your book’s details like title and description.
- Click Save and Close.
- Upload your book cover image. Optionally upload at least one book file (EPUB, MOBI, PDF) if you want BookFunnel to distribute your book. Sales landing pages and preorders do not require an ebook file.
Need more details? Learn more about adding books.
Share Your Book With Readers
Once your book is uploaded, it is ready to share with readers!
Here are a few ways you can share your book using BookFunnel:
- Send a link to your readers
- Create a landing page
- Send review copies to your review team
- Send one book to one reader
- Join a group promo and find new readers
- Join a sales promo
- Deliver ebook sales
- Distribute printed materials with download codes printed on them
Yes, use an email signup page if you want to know exactly who is downloading your book.
Yes. If you set a download limit of 10, that means that the book can be downloaded a total of 10 times before the link is “redeemed” and no one else can download your book. It is not a download limit per person because we can’t track readers on a regular download page.
Yes, your page will remain active until 11:59 pm PST on the expiration date you select.
Yes, if you have added Integration to your Mid-List account, we will add subscribers directly to your list. We integrate with ActiveCampaign, AWeber, Constant Contact, ConvertKit, EmailOctopus, MailChimp, MailerLite, SendFox, and Sendy. Learn more about direct integration.
Without Integration on your Mid-List account, we will store email addresses in a CSV for you to export at your convenience. Learn where to find your CSV.
BookFunnel is not a promotional platform and we do not have a reader list. Readers will only find your book on our service if you (or someone else) sends them the link to it.
Because we are not a promo site, you can trust that when you send your reader to BookFunnel, they are only going to see your book. They will not receive free content by other authors on our service. While we will never solicit your reader, we think it is awesome when authors work and promote together, so we built this handy board to facilitate those partnerships.
Send them to us! Learn how to prevent tech support emails entirely and what to do if one still worms its way into your inbox.