A lead magnet is an incentive offered to potential buyers in exchange for their contact information. As an author, you are trying to attract readers, so we’ll call it a “reader magnet” (thank you
A reader magnet is usually a free copy of your book, short story, extended sample, PDF printable, or some other digital download– something that introduces them to your work so that they can fall in love with it.
You can use BookFunnel to deliver your reader magnet to new readers! You have a few options, depending on your goals and the plan you signed up for.
How to Deliver a Reader Magnet Using a Download Page
You can create a download page on BookFunnel that does not collect the reader’s email address and use it to deliver your reader magnet. How do you get their email address then so that you can follow-up with them through your newsletter?
- Create a sign-up form on your own website. All mailing list services will let you do this.
- Drive reader traffic to the sign-up form on your website, where they can enter their email address.
- Once they have joined your list, your mailing list service can send them a “welcome” email.
- Add your BookFunnel download link to that welcome email, so that your new subscribers can download your reader magnet. Learn how to create a download page.
How to Deliver a Reader Magnet Using a Giveaway Page
You don’t have to design your own landing page on your website, learn to embed the signup form, and then edit your welcome email to link readers back to BookFunnel to download the reader magnet.
If you want fewer steps for yourself and your new subscribers, you can create a giveaway page and use it as your signup page. We’ll collect and confirm their opt-in and email, deliver the book, and add new subscribers to your mailing list automatically with direct integration!
If your plan doesn’t include integration, we’ll save their data on your dashboard so that you can import them into your mailing list at your convenience.
- Create a giveaway page that collects emails on BookFunnel and set it to require readers to opt-in. Learn how to create a giveaway page.
- Drive reader traffic to your giveaway page on BookFunnel.
- If your BookFunnel account is integrated with your list, we’ll add new subscribers to your list automatically and deliver your reader magnet. If not, you can save a CSV of your new subscribers and import it into your mailing list service manually.