On the First-Time Author plan, there are three basic steps to sharing your books with readers: first, add your author pen name, then upload a book, and finally, send it to readers, so they can download the book! Each step is outlined below to get you started.
Add Your Pen Name
- Click Pen Names on your BookFunnel dashboard.
- Click Add Pen Name and complete the short form.
- Click Save Author.
Need more details? Learn more about managing your pen name.
Upload Your Book
- Click Add New at the top left of your BookFunnel dashboard and select Add New Book.
- Fill in your book’s details like the title and description.
- Click Create Book.
- Upload your book cover image by clicking Upload Cover. Optionally, upload at least one book file (EPUB, MOBI, PDF) if you want BookFunnel to distribute your book. Sales landing pages and preorders do not require an ebook file.
Need more details? Learn more about adding books.
Share Your Book With Readers
Once your book is uploaded, it is ready to share with readers!
Here are a few ways you can share your book using BookFunnel:
- Send a link to your readers
- Create a landing page
- Send review copies to your review team
- Send one book to one reader
- Join a group promo and find new readers
- Join a sales promo
- Deliver ebook sales
- Distribute printed materials with download codes printed on them
On the First-Time Author plan, you will collect reader email addresses on your own website before you send them to BookFunnel to download your book.
If you would like to use BookFunnel as your signup page, email collection is available on our Mid-List Author plan. You can compare our plans and features here, and if necessary, learn how to change your plan.
Email collection is available on the Mid-List Author plan. BookFunnel doesn’t track or collect reader data on the First-Time Author plan.
BookFunnel is not a promotional platform and we do not have a reader mailing list. Readers will only find your book on our service if you (or someone else) send them the link to it.
Because we are not a promo site, you can trust that when you send your reader to BookFunnel, they are only going to see your book. They will not receive free content from other authors on our service. While we will never solicit your reader, we think it is awesome when authors work and promote together, so we built this handy promotions board to facilitate those partnerships.
Yes. If you set a claim limit on an email signup page, it limits the number of people who can claim a copy of the book. Once this number is reached, the page is deactivated.
For example, if you set a claim limit of 10, that means that the book can be downloaded by 10 people before the page is deactivated.
If you set a download limit on a simple download page, it limits the number of total downloads before the page is deactivated.
For example, if you set a download limit of 10, that means that the book can be downloaded a total of 10 times before the link is “redeemed” and no one else can download your book. It is not a download limit per person because we can’t track readers on a simple download page without email collection.
Yes, your landing page will remain active until 11:59 pm PST on the expiration date you select.
Send them to us! Learn how to prevent tech support emails entirely and what to do if one still worms its way into your inbox.