On a Publisher plan, there are three basic steps to getting a book ready to send to readers: first add an author name, then you will upload the book file(s), and finally, you’ll create a download page to share with readers so they can download the book! Each of these steps is outlined below to get you started.
Add Author Name(s)
- Click Author Names on your BookFunnel dashboard.
- Click Add Author Name and complete the short form.
- You can manage all author names by clicking Author Names on your dashboard.
Upload the Book Files
- Click Add New at the top of your BookFunnel dashboard and select Add New Book.
- Fill in the book’s details like title and description.
- Upload your book cover image and at least one book file (EPUB, MOBI, PDF). Click Save and Close.
Need more details? Learn more about adding and editing books.
Share the Book With Readers
On a Publisher plan, there are three ways to share a book with readers.
- Create a download page, where readers can download the book without first providing their email address.
- Create a giveaway page, where readers must submit their email address before they can download the book.
- Create a Certified Mail campaign to send an ARC to each member of your review team.
Which option is right for you?
Pros: Readers have immediate access to the download without any additional steps.
Cons: BookFunnel does not collect any reader data, so there is no record of who has downloaded the book.
Pros: You can use BookFunnel as a landing page, saving you time and saving readers extra clicks and emails.
Cons: If you are using your own website to host a landing page and collecting email addresses on your own, requiring readers to type in their email address a second time can annoy them.
Certified Mail Campaign
Pros: Too many to list! Learn why Certified Mail is delightful.
Cons: Certified Mail is limited to 500 emails per month, and must only be sent to vetted and engaged reviewers.
Create a Download (or Giveaway) Page
Once you have figured out which page is right for you, create one! Then you can share the link to the page you created so that readers can find and download your book on BookFunnel.
- Click the Add button at the top of your dashboard and select Add New Page
- Select the book you want to send to readers from the drop-down menu
- Select whether or not you want to collect the reader’s email address before they can download the book.
- Complete the form (Very detailed instructions can be found here)
- Click Save And Close.
- Your Link For Readers will be at the top of the screen after saving the new page. If you have trouble finding the Link For Readers after creating your page, this article will walk you through it.
Need more specific instructions? Learn more about adding and editing download pages.
Share Your Download Page Link
Now that you have your link, you can send it to readers. Here are some examples of how you might send your link to readers:
- Include the link in your mailing list “welcome email”
- Post it on social media for your fans to download
- Join a group author promotion. Find current promos.
Create a Certified Mail Campaign
If you are using Certified Mail to send a book to your review team, you do not need to create a download or giveaway page. Instead, BookFunnel will send a unique link to each member of your review team. Learn how to create a Certified Mail campaign.
Yes, use a giveaway page if you want to know exactly who is downloading the book.
Yes. If you set a download limit of 10, that means that the book can be downloaded a total of 10 times before the link is “redeemed” and no one else can download the book. It is not a download limit per person, because we can’t track readers on a regular download page. For that, you want to create a giveaway page and then we can restrict the downloads per person.
Yes, your page will remain active until 11:59 pm PST on the expiration date you select.
Yes, all Publisher plans include Integration. You can integrate with one mailing list account. Create a giveaway page and then select the list you would like for us to add subscribers to under Mailing List Integration. We integrate with ActiveCampaign, AWeber, Constant Contact, ConvertKit, EmailOctopus, MailChimp, and MailerLite. Learn more about direct integration.
If you create a giveaway page and do not point it to a mailing list, we will store email addresses in a CSV for you to export at your convenience. Learn where to find your CSV.
BookFunnel is not a promotional platform and we do not have a reader list. Readers will only find your book on our service if you (or someone else) sends them the link to it.
Because we are not a promo site, you can trust that when you send your reader to BookFunnel, they are only going to see your book. They will not receive free content by other authors on our service. While we will never solicit your reader, we think it is awesome when authors work and promote together, so we built this handy board to facilitate those partnerships.
Send them to us! Learn how to prevent tech support emails entirely and what to do if one still worms its way into your inbox.