On a Publisher plan, there are three basic steps to sharing your books with readers: first, add your author pen name, then upload a book, and finally, send it to readers, so they can download the book! Each step is outlined below to get you started.
Add Author Name(s)
- Click Authors on your BookFunnel dashboard.
- Click the Action button at the top right corner and select Add Author.
- Fill out the short form and click Save Author.
- You can manage all author names by clicking Authors on your dashboard.
Need more details? Learn more about managing your author names.
Upload a Book
- Click Add New at the top left of your BookFunnel dashboard and select Add New Book.
- Fill in the book’s details like the title and description.
- Click Create Book.
- Upload your book cover image. Optionally upload at least one book file (EPUB, MOBI, PDF) if you want BookFunnel to distribute your book. Sales landing pages and preorders do not require an ebook file.
Need more details? Learn more about adding books.
Share the Book With Readers
Once your book is uploaded, it is ready to share with readers!
Here are a few ways you can share your book using BookFunnel:
- Send a link to your readers
- Create a landing page
- Send review copies to your review team
- Send one book to one reader
- Join a group promo and find new readers
- Join a sales promo
- Deliver ebook sales
- Distribute printed materials with download codes printed on them
- Fulfill Kickstarter campaigns or Patreon rewards
Yes, create a landing page that collects email addresses if you want to know exactly who is downloading your book.
Yes, if you set an expiration date, your landing page will remain active until 11:59 pm PST on the expiration date you select.
Yes. If you set a claim limit on an email signup page, it limits the number of people who can claim a copy of the book. Once this number is reached, the page is deactivated.
For example, if you set a claim limit of 10, that means that the book can be downloaded by 10 people before the page is deactivated.
If you set a download limit on a simple download page, it limits the number of total downloads before the page is deactivated.
For example, if you set a download limit of 10, that means that the book can be downloaded a total of 10 times before the link is “redeemed” and no one else can download your book. It is not a download limit per person because we can’t track readers on a simple download page without email collection.
BookFunnel is not a promotional platform and we do not have a reader list. Readers will only find your book on our service if you (or someone else) send them the link to it.
Because we are not a promo site, you can trust that when you send your reader to BookFunnel, they are only going to see your book. They will not receive free content from other authors on our service. While we will never solicit your reader, we think it is awesome when authors work and promote together, so we built this handy promotions board to facilitate those partnerships.
Send them to us! Learn how to prevent tech support emails entirely and what to do if one still worms its way into your inbox.