Available on all Mid-List plans and above.
You can upload your MP3 to BookFunnel and share it with readers.
Audiobook Samples & Exclusive Recordings
Here are some examples of audio files you might want to send to readers:
- Create an audio sales page that lets a reader listen to your MP3 and then click through to buy the book from
selectaudio platform(s) See Example
- Create a
multi-booklanding page that features all of your audiobooks covers (with samples) and store links See Example and learn how to make a private bundle page
- Send a free teaser of your upcoming release to your mailing list See Example
- Gain new subscribers using a narrated short story or novella as a lead magnet See Example
- Boost newsletter engagement by sharing music composed for your series See Example
- Share an audio recording of your favorite recipe, most popular guided meditation, or other how-to audio clips
How Does It Work?
When you upload your audio file, BookFunnel will automatically compress it to the size we will ship to readers. You can play the compressed audio right on your BookFunnel dashboard to make sure the quality is sa
Typically, you want to compress the file as much as possible so that more readers will be able to access it. When you create a new MP3 on the dashboard, you will set the compression rate, based on the total length of the clip and your needs.
Once your audio is uploaded, you can use it with (almost) any BookFunnel feature:
- Sales delivery action
- Sales landing page that allows a reader to listen to your sample and then click through to buy the book through select audio retailers
- Landing page that lets anyone download or listen to the audio file (formerly called a “BookFunnel download page”)
- Landing page that requires opt-in in order to download or listen to the audio file (formerly called a “BookFunnel giveaway page”)
- Certified Mail “ARC” (Advance Reader Copy) campaign
- “Gift a book” emails that send one reader a unique link to download (or listen) to your audio
- Print Code batches that enables you to share one redemption code with one reader at a time
Audio File Requirements
- MP3 format only (other audio formats not accepted)
- Must be at least 128 kbps
- One single file can be uploaded per media object. If your recording is more than one MP3, you will need to combine them into a single MP3 before uploading to BookFunnel
- Uploaded (original) MP3 file size must not exceed 200 MB* at best quality and cannot exceed 60 MB* once compressed to basic quality (64 kbps)
Audio Quality and Duration
Your two MP3 compression options are:
64 kbps Ideal for audio that is spoken word without music. At 64 kbps, BookFunnel can distribute up to 120 minutes* of audio.
128 kbps Ideal for audio with music. At 128 kbps, BookFunnel can distribute up to 60 minutes* of audio.
Once compressed, the maximum file size BookFunnel will distribute is 60 MB*.
Why Does BookFunnel Compress the Audio?
Storage space on mobile devices tends to be tight, and internet connections in some parts of the world are spotty. We want readers to be able to listen to your audio as quickly and as painlessly as possible, without any streaming lag.
Does BookFunnel Support Audiobooks?
We will distribute one MP3 file up to 60 MB* and 120 minutes* of audio at basic quality. BookFunnel does not currently support audiobooks or multi-chapter audio samples.
* These numbers are close approximations but are not guaranteed. Actual file size and maximum duration will depend on the original MP3 and how much it can be compressed without compromising sound quality.
Upload Audio To BookFunnel
Ready to get started? Learn how to upload audio to BookFunnel.