If your BookFunnel account includes direct integration, follow these steps to integrate with Author.Email.
- Click Integrations.
- Click the Action button and select + Add Integration.
- Select Author.Email.
- Get your Public API Key from Author.Email. You can optionally create a new API key and name it “BookFunnel” to keep close track of which services have access to your Author.Email data. You can find your Author.Email API Key here. Link not working? You can locate your API key by clicking API Keys on the left side of the Author.Email dashboard.
- Once you locate your Author.Email Public API Key, double-click it and copy it to your clipboard.
- Paste your Author.Email Public API Key.
- Click Integrate Author.Email.
- Scroll down to review your email signup pages. Click the edit button next to any email signup page to select the Author.Email list that you want all new email addresses sent to.
- Click Save and Close to save the new page settings. Any email address collected before you selected your Author.Email list and clicked Save will need to be exported from BookFunnel and manually imported to Author.Email. All new subscriber email addresses collected after you clicked Save will be added automatically.
Use Author.Email Without Direct Integration
If direct mailing list integration isn’t for you, how else can you deliver your book using BookFunnel? Using one of these two options:
The first option is to create a simple download page that you email to your subscribers through Author.Email.
The second option is to create an email signup page on BookFunnel and then import the emails from BookFunnel into your Author.Email account every day or two.
You Collect the Email Address, We Deliver the Book
Once you upload your book and create a simple download page on BookFunnel, you can then email its BookFunnel link to your readers through Author.Email. The basic steps are:
- Create a simple download page on BookFunnel and copy its Link For Readers.
- Paste the link into your automated welcome email (or autoresponder) on Author.Email.
- Create a sign-up form on Author.Email and link to it or embed it on your author website.
- Drive reader traffic to your sign-up form so that they can subscribe.
- Once they have joined your list, Author.Email will send them the “welcome” email that contains the BookFunnel link.
- Your new subscribers can click the BookFunnel download link and download the book.
Pros: Available on all BookFunnel plans (including the First-Time Author plan!), simple to set up, uses your own landing page and/or website
Cons: Your BookFunnel download link can be shared online with other readers that did not sign up for your list, BookFunnel can’t track who downloads your book
We Collect Their Email Address, You Import the CSV
Available On: Mid-List, Bestseller, & Publisher Plans
Use an email signup page on BookFunnel and it will act as your landing page and delivery page, all in one! You can design a beautiful, custom landing page on BookFunnel in minutes. No web expertise necessary.
You drive reader traffic to your email signup page on BookFunnel and we will collect their email address on your behalf. We store their email address (and optionally first and last name) in a CSV on your dashboard.
You can then import the CSV of subscribers into Author.Email at your convenience. Follow these steps:
- Create an email signup page on BookFunnel that requires (or invites) readers to join your mailing list.
- Drive reader traffic to your BookFunnel signup page.
- Export the CSV of reader email addresses every day or two from BookFunnel and manually import it to Author.Email.
Pros: Saves time by eliminating the extra step of building a landing page on your own website, if your link is shared online, those extra subscribers can be added to your mailing list
Cons: You need to export the CSV of reader email addresses we collect on your behalf and import it to Author.Email regularly.
How to Export a CSV and Import it to Author.Email Manually
If your BookFunnel landing page is not sending readers to Author.Email automatically, you’ll need to add new reader emails manually.
Once you have exported the CSV, you will import it to Author.Email. To export the CSV from BookFunnel:
- Click Landing Pages on your BookFunnel dashboard
- Click the name of the landing page
- Click Export CSV
- Select Export New Subscribers (do not click this more than once, large CSVs may take a minute or two to be generated and available for download!)
- This will save the CSV to your computer, likely in your Downloads folder
Next, you will import the CSV to Author.Email:
- Log into your Author.Email dashboard
- Click Lists on the left side of the screen.
- Locate the list you want new subscribers to be added to and click the Import button on the right side of the screen.
- Click CSV.
- Click Choose File and select your CSV.
- Click Upload File.
Were these steps inaccurate? Please let us know! Author.Email is always tweaking their process and we want to keep our documentation current. Thank you!