Use MailChimp to manage your mailing list and BookFunnel to deliver your ebooks!
Direct Integration From BookFunnel to MailChimp
If your BookFunnel account includes direct integration, follow these steps to integrate with MailChimp.
- Click Integrations.
- Click the Action button and select + Add Integration.
- Select MailChimp.
- Click Connect to MailChimp.
- If you aren’t logged in already, MailChimp will require you to login in order to proceed.
- Once logged in, you can accept the BookFunnel App and then be bounced back to the BookFunnel dashboard.
- Scroll down and review your existing email signup pages. Click the edit button next to any email signup page to select the MailChimp list that you want all new email addresses sent to.
- Click Save and Close to save the new page settings. Any email address collected before you selected your MailChimp list and clicked Save will need to be exported from BookFunnel and manually imported to MailChimp. All new subscriber email addresses collected after you clicked Save will be added automatically.
Use MailChimp Without Direct Integration
If direct mailing list integration isn’t for you, how else can you deliver your book to your MailChimp readers using BookFunnel? Using one of these two options:
The first option is to create a simple download page and then send it to your subscribers through MailChimp. The second option is to create an email signup page on BookFunnel and then import the emails from BookFunnel into your MailChimp account every day or two.
You Collect the Email Address, We Deliver the Book
Once you upload your book and create a simple download page on BookFunnel, you can then email its BookFunnel link to your readers through MailChimp. The basic steps are:
- Create a simple download page on BookFunnel and copy its Link For Readers.
- Paste the link into your automated welcome email on MailChimp
- Create a sign-up form on MailChimp and link to it or embed it on your author website.
- Drive reader traffic to your sign-up form so that they can subscribe.
- Once they have joined your list, MailChimp will send them the “welcome” email that contains the BookFunnel link.
- Your new subscribers can click the BookFunnel download link and download the book.
Pros: Available on all BookFunnel plans (including the First-Time Author plan!), simple to set up, uses your own landing page and/or website
Cons: Your BookFunnel download link can be shared online with other readers that did not sign up for your list, BookFunnel can’t track who downloads your book
We Collect Their Email Address, You Import the CSV
Available On: Mid-List, Bestseller, & Publisher Plans
Use an email signup page on BookFunnel and it will act as your landing page and delivery page, all in one! You can design a beautiful, custom landing page on BookFunnel in minutes. No web expertise necessary.
You drive reader traffic to your email signup page on BookFunnel and we will collect their email address on your behalf. We store their email address (and optionally first and last name) in a CSV on your dashboard.
You can then import the CSV of subscribers into MailChimp at your convenience. Follow these steps:
- Create an email signup page on BookFunnel that requires (or invites) readers to join your mailing list
- Drive reader traffic to your BookFunnel signup page
- Export the CSV of reader email addresses every day or two from BookFunnel and manually import it to MailChimp
Pros: Saves time by eliminating the extra step of building a landing page on your own website, if your link is shared online, those extra subscribers can be added to your mailing list
Cons: You need to export the CSV of reader email addresses we collect on your behalf and import it to MailChimp regularly.
How to Export a CSV and Import it to MailChimp Manually
If your BookFunnel landing page is not sending readers to MailChimp automatically, you’ll need to export the reader email addresses from BookFunnel. Once you have exported the CSV, you will import it to MailChimp manually.
To export the CSV from BookFunnel:
- Click Landing Pages on your BookFunnel dashboard
- Click the name of the landing page
- Click Export CSV
- Select Export New Subscribers (do not click this more than once, large CSVs may take a minute or two to be generated and available for download!)
- This will save the CSV to your computer, likely in your Downloads folder
Next, you will import the CSV to MailChimp:
- Log into your MailChimp dashboard
- Click Audience and choose the Audience dashboard.
- If you aren’t currently viewing the correct audience (list), click the Current audience drop-down and choose the one you want to import the CSV to.
- Click the Manage Audience drop-down and choose Import contacts.
- Click Upload File.
- Click Continue to Upload.
- Click Browse and select the CSV file on your computer.
- Click Continue to Organize.
- Use the Select audience drop-down menu to confirm the audience you want to import to.
- Choose “Subscribed” as the status for the contacts you’re about to import.
- Optionally select the group(s) you want to import the new subscribers to
- Click Continue to Tag and optionally assign tags to your new subscribers.
- Click Continue to Match and match the columns in your import file to the fields in your Mailchimp audience if they are not automatically matched.
- Click Finalize Import to review your import settings.
- Click Complete Import.
Were these steps inaccurate? Please let us know! MailChimp is always tweaking their process and we want to keep our documentation current. Thank you!