Use GetResponse to manage your mailing list and BookFunnel to deliver your ebooks!
Direct Integration From BookFunnel to GetResponse
If your BookFunnel account includes direct integration, follow these steps to integrate with GetResponse.
- Click Integrations.
- Click the Action button and select + Add Integration.
- Select GetResponse.
- Get your API Key from GetResponse. You can optionally create a new API key and name it “BookFunnel” to keep close track of which services have access to your GetResponse data. You can find your GetResponse API Key here. Link not working? You can locate your API key on your GetResponse dashboard by clicking Menu at the top, then Integrations, and finally clicking API.
- Once you locate your GetResponse API Key, click Copy to copy it to your clipboard.
- Paste your GetResponse API Key.
- Click Integrate GetResponse.
- Scroll down to review your email signup pages. Click the edit button next to any email signup page to select the GetResponse list that you want all new email addresses sent to.
- Click Save and Close to save the new page settings. Any email address collected before you selected your GetResponse list and clicked Save will need to be exported from BookFunnel and manually imported to GetResponse. All new subscriber email addresses collected after you clicked Save will be added automatically.
Use GetResponse Without Direct Integration
If direct mailing list integration isn’t for you, how else can you deliver your book using BookFunnel? Using one of these two options:
The first option is to create a simple download page that you email to your subscribers through GetResponse.
The second option is to create an email signup page on BookFunnel and then import the emails from BookFunnel into your GetResponse account every day or two.
You Collect the Email Address, We Deliver the Book
Once you upload your book and create a simple download page on BookFunnel, you can then email its BookFunnel link to your readers through GetResponse. The basic steps are:
- Create a simple download page on BookFunnel and copy its Link For Readers.
- Paste the link into your automated welcome message on GetResponse.
- Create a sign-up form on GetResponse and link to it or embed it on your author website.
- Drive reader traffic to your sign-up form so that they can subscribe.
- Once they have joined your list, GetResponse will send them the “welcome” message that contains the BookFunnel link.
- Your new subscribers can click the BookFunnel download link and download the book.
Pros: Available on all BookFunnel plans (including the First-Time Author plan!), simple to set up, uses your own landing page and/or website
Cons: Your BookFunnel download link can be shared online with other readers that did not sign up for your list, BookFunnel can’t track who downloads your book
We Collect Their Email Address, You Import the CSV
Available On: Mid-List, Bestseller, & Publisher Plans
Use an email signup page on BookFunnel and it will act as your landing page and delivery page, all in one! You can design a beautiful, custom landing page on BookFunnel in minutes. No web expertise necessary.
You drive reader traffic to your email signup page on BookFunnel and we will collect their email address on your behalf. We store their email address (and optionally first and last name) in a CSV on your dashboard.
You can then import the CSV of subscribers into GetResponse at your convenience. Follow these steps:
- Create an email signup page on BookFunnel that requires (or invites) readers to join your mailing list.
- Drive reader traffic to your BookFunnel signup page.
- Export the CSV of reader email addresses every day or two from BookFunnel and manually import it to GetResponse.
Pros: Saves time by eliminating the extra step of building a landing page on your own website, if your link is shared online, those extra subscribers can be added to your mailing list
Cons: You need to export the CSV of reader email addresses we collect on your behalf and import it to GetResponse regularly.
How to Export a CSV and Import it to GetResponse Manually
If your BookFunnel landing page is not sending readers to GetResponse automatically, you’ll need to add new reader emails manually.
Once you have exported the CSV, you will import it to GetResponse. To export the CSV from BookFunnel:
- Click Landing Pages on your BookFunnel dashboard
- Click the name of the landing page
- Click Export CSV
- Select Export New Subscribers (do not click this more than once, large CSVs may take a minute or two to be generated and available for download!)
- This will save the CSV to your computer, likely in your Downloads folder
Next, you will import the CSV to GetResponse:
- Log into your GetResponse dashboard
- Click Lists at the top of the screen.
- Click +Add Contacts and an import window will pop open.
- Select the list new subscribers should be added to.
- When asked How do you want to add contacts?, select Upload a File.
- Upload your CSV from BookFunnel.
- Under Add to list at the bottom of the popup, choose the list you want the subscribers to be added to. The default is All.
- Under What should we do with contact information?, select Add and update existing. Optionally, you can select Only Add New and any duplicate subscribers won’t be updated.
- Tick the box I have permission to add these people to my list.
- Click Next.
- Click Import.
Were these steps inaccurate? Please let us know! GetResponse is always tweaking their process and we want to keep our documentation current. Thank you!