BookFunnel can integrate directly with your Patreon creator account. Create restricted giveaway pages on BookFunnel and then share the links with your patrons.
How Does it Work?
You create a restricted giveaway page on BookFunnel. You will restrict the page to a pledge tier, and supporters of that tier (and any tier above it) will be allowed to download the book.
You have three pledge tiers: New Fans $1/month, Super Fans $5/month, Rockstar Fans $10/month
Create a restricted giveaway page on BookFunnel for a new short story that is restricted to your “New Fans” pledge tier. BookFunnel will allow every New Fan, Super Fan, and Rockstar Fan to download your free short story. If someone tries to download your book that is not currently a patron of yours, BookFunnel will send them to your Patreon page so that they can sign up.
You still have three pledge tiers: New Fans $1/month, Super Fans $5/month, Rockstar Fans $10/month
Create a restricted giveaway page on BookFunnel for a new release that is restricted to your “Super Fans” pledge tier. BookFunnel will only allow Super Fans and Rockstar Fans to download the book. If a New Fan tries to download the book, BookFunnel will send them to your Patreon page where they can increase their pledge amount.
You still have the same three pledge tiers: New Fans $1/month, Super Fans $5/month, Rockstar Fans $10/month
Create a restricted giveaway page on BookFunnel for a new release that is restricted to your “Rockstar Fans” pledge tier. BookFunnel will only allow Rockstar Fans to download the book. If a New Fan or Super Fan tries to download the book, BookFunnel will send them to your Patreon page where they can increase their pledge amount.
How to Integrate with Patreon
To integrate your account with Patreon, open your BookFunnel dashboard and click Integrations.
- Check that your BookFunnel plan includes integration. If it does not, the top of your Integrations page will say “Your current plan does not include the direct integrations feature.”
- You can change your plan on the account page of your BookFunnel dashboard.
- Click the “+Add New Integration” button.
- Select “Patreon” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Connect to Patreon”
- Log in with your Patreon username and password.
- Click “Allow” to connect Patreon to BookFunnel
By default, your new integration will be called “Patreon” and will be attached to every pen name on your BookFunnel account.
You can change the name of your Patreon integration and the pen names attached to it by clicking Integrations on your BookFunnel dashboard and then clicking the “Edit” button next to your Patreon integration.
How to Create a Restricted Patreon Page
How to create a new restricted Patreon page:
- Click Add New at the top of your BookFunnel dashboard and create a new page
- Select the book you want to offer from the drop-down menu
- Select “A restricted landing page for current subscribers”
- Click Create Page
- Custom Redirect URL – If a reader tries to claim a copy of your book and is not a patron (or is not on the required pledge tier), BookFunnel will bounce them to your Patreon page so that they can sign up. If you have a custom signup page you want them to see instead, provide a custom redirect URL.
- Select your Patreon supporter level from the Restricted List
- You can customize the landing page and download page design by clicking the “Landing Page Settings” panel and “Thank You Page Settings”
- Remember to save your changes
Can I offer more than one book to patrons?
Yes, you can create as many restricted Patreon links as you want! Create your own landing page and list them there, or create a quick multi-book landing page using a BookFunnel Bundle. Learn more about building private bundle pages here.
What is the Reader Experience?
Patreon integration is slightly different than the mailing list integrations we support. When a reader clicks on your restricted Patreon link, they will be sent to Patreon to verify their login credentials and pledge tier. This is the integration design that Patreon suggests and supports, so that is how it behaves.