You can customize the colors and text on any BookFunnel page. Looking for inspiration? See examples of quick customization options in our blog post about custom themes and our “What Makes Readers Click” blog post.
Customize New Landing Pages
To create a new landing page with a custom theme:
- Click the Add button at the top of your dashboard and select Add New Page.
- Select the book you want to send to readers from the drop-down menu.
- Select the appropriate landing page option.
- Complete the form.
- Click Landing Page Settings to open the panel.
- Leave the Page Layout drop-down menu set to BookFunnel Default.
- Click the Page Background drop-down to select a new background color.
- Click the Accent Color drop-down to select a color. The accent color will be applied to the Get My Book button and all text in Heading 1.
- Click the Preview button next to Landing Page Settings to see how the colors you selected look with your book cover. If the first color combos don’t quite work, try again!
- Click Save And Close when you are finished.
- If you have trouble finding your landing page link for readers, this article will help.
Customize An Existing Page
Customizing your current download page is as simple as 1..2..3(… 7)!
- Click Books on your BookFunnel dashboard.
- Click the book title.
- Click the Action button next to the page you want to edit.
- Select Edit Page.
- Click Landing Page Settings
- Select BookFunnel Default from the Page Layout drop-down If you don’t see a Page Layout drop-down you are in the wrong place! You are editing the book instead of the page.
- Use Preview to see how the options you select look with your book. When you find the perfect look, remember to save your changes.
Use Italics and Bold Text To Add Emphasis To Your Headings
You can add emphasis to certain words or phrases in your heading1 and heading2.
To use italics, add a * before and after the text in your headings or book description. Italics example:
She *desperately* scanned the horizon.
To bold certain words or phrases, add ** before and after the text. Bold example:
This baby needs a nap **right now**.
(The * is only in the examples above to make clear how to add them to your heading. They will not be displayed on the book page.)
Center Your Headings
To center your heading1 or heading2, use -= at the beginning of your heading and =- at the end. Center example:
-=This heading is now centered!=-
If you don’t see the Page Layout drop-down, you are editing the book, not the download page. Follow the steps above to locate your landing page so that you can change its design options.
Yes, everyone can use these new themes and accent colors. If you are currently using a legacy page layout, you will need to switch to the BookFunnel Default layout, and then select your new colors. See step-by-step instructions above.
You must select the BookFunnel Default layout. Click on the Page Layout drop-down menu and select the BookFunnel Default layout. Then you can experiment with the different color combinations.
Yes. Click the Page Layout drop-down and select one of the old layouts. None of the custom colors will apply. Remember to save your changes.