You can customize the colors and text on your BookFunnel page. Looking for inspiration? See examples of quick customization options in our post about custom themes and in our “What Makes Readers Click” post.
Customize New Download Pages
When you create a new download page, it will default to the BookFunnel 2017 layout and White/Gray Theme. You can easily customize the background color and accent color to find a combination that compliments your book cover.
To create a new download page with a custom theme:
- Click the Add button at the top of your dashboard and select Add New Download Page.
- Select the book you want to send to readers from the drop-down menu.
- Select the appropriate email option.
- Complete the form.
- Click Landing Page Settings to open the panel.
- Click the Page Background drop-down to select a new background color.
- Click the Accent Color drop-down to select a color. The accent color will be applied to the Get My Book button and all text in Heading 1.
- Click the Preview button next to Landing Page Settings to see how the colors you selected look with your book cover. If the first color combos don’t quite work, try again!
- Click Save And Close when you are finished.
- Your download page link will appear at the top of the Download Page Details screen. You can always view and edit the page details by clicking the book’s title under Books and then clicking on the name of your download page.
Customize An Existing Page
Customizing your current download page is as simple as 1..2..3(… 4)!
- Click Books on your BookFunnel dashboard
- Click the book title
- Click Edit next to the page name you want to edit (it looks like a tiny pencil to the left page name). If you don’t see a Page Layout drop-down after clicking the Edit icon, make sure you are editing your page and not your book.
- Click Landing Page Settings to open the panel
- Select BookFunnel 2017 from the Page Layout drop-down and then have fun trying out the new backgrounds and accent colors!
- Use Preview to see how the options you select look with your book. When you find the perfect look, remember to save your changes.
This one-minute video will walk you through it step-by-step:
Use Italics and Bold Text To Add Emphasis To Your Headings
You can add emphasis to certain words or phrases in your heading1 and heading2.
To use italics, add a * before and after the text in your headings or book description. Italics example:
She *desperately* scanned the horizon.
To bold certain words or phrases, add ** before and after the text. Bold example:
This baby needs a nap **right now**.
(The * is only in the examples above to make clear how to add them to your heading. They will not be displayed on the book page.)
Center Your Headings
To center your heading1 or heading2, use -= at the beginning of your heading and =- at the end. Center example:
-=This heading is now centered!=-
If you don’t see the Page Layout drop-down, you are editing your book, not your download page. Follow the steps above to locate your download page so that you can change its design options.
Yes, everyone can use these new themes and accent colors. If you are currently using a legacy page layout, you will need switch to the BookFunnel 2017 layout, and then select your new colors. See step-by-step instructions above.
You must select the BookFunnel 2017 layout. Click on the Page Layout drop-down menu and select the BookFunnel 2017 layout. Then you can experiment with the different color combinations.
Not at this time.
Yes. Click the Page Layout drop-down and select one of the old layouts. Remember to save your changes.