In June 2017, we added a new layout with custom themes so that you can add a more personal design touch to each of your book pages on BookFunnel. It only takes a few clicks to take your landing page from “That’s nice” to “WOW!”
Customize An Existing Page
Customizing your current download page is as simple as 1..2..3(… 4)!
- Click Books on your dashboard and then click the book title.
- Click Edit next to the page name you want to edit (it looks like a tiny pencil to the left of the download or Giveaway page name). If you don’t see a Page Layout dropdown, make sure you are editing your page and not your book.
- Select BookFunnel 2017 from the Page Layout dropdown and then have fun trying out the new backgrounds and accent colors!
- Use Preview to see how the options you select look with your book. When you find the perfect look, remember to save your changes.
This one-minute video will walk you through it step-by-step:
Use Italics and Bold Text To Add Emphasis To Your Headings
You can add emphasis to certain words or phrases in your heading1 and heading2.
To use italics, add a * before and after the text in your headings or book description. Italics example:
She *desperately* scanned the horizon.
To bold certain words or phrases, add ** before and after the text. Bold example:
This baby needs a nap **right now**.
(The characters are only shown here to make clear how you should add them to your heading. They will not be displayed on the book page.)
Center Your Headings
To center your heading1 or heading2, use -= at the beginning of your heading and =- at the end. Center example:
-=This heading is now centered! Oh will wonders never cease?=-
Customize New Download Pages
When you create a new download page, it will default to the BookFunnel 2017 layout and White/Gray Theme. You can easily customize the background color and accent color to find a combination that compliments your book cover.
To create a new download page with a custom theme:
- Click the Add button at the top of your dashboard and select Add New Download Page.
- Select the book you want to send to readers from the drop-down menu.
- Select whether or not readers need to provide their email address before they can download the book.
- Complete the form as usual.
- Click the Page Background dropdown to select a new background color.
- Click the Accent Color dropdown to select a color. The accent color will be applied to the Get My Book button and all text in Heading 1.
- Click the Preview button next to Landing Page Settings to see how the colors you selected look with your book cover. If the first color combos don’t quite work, try again!
- Click Save And Close when you are finished.
- Your download page link will appear at the top of the Download Page Details screen. You can always view and edit the page details by clicking the book’s title under Books and then clicking on the name of your download page.
If you don’t see the Page Layout dropdown, you are editing your book, not your download page. Follow the steps at the top to locate your download page so that you can edit the page layout.
Yes, everyone can use these new themes and accent colors. If you are currently using a legacy page layout, you will need switch to our BookFunnel 2017 layout, and then select your new colors. See step-by-step instructions above.
You must select the BookFunnel 2017 layout. Click inside the Page Layout dropdown menu and select the BookFunnel 2017 layout. Then you can experiment with the different color combinations.
Not at this time.
Yes. Click the Page Layout dropdown and select one of the old layouts. Remember to save your changes.