Use Mad Mimi to manage your mailing list and BookFunnel to deliver your ebooks!
Direct Integration From BookFunnel to Mad Mimi
If your BookFunnel account includes direct integration, follow these steps to integrate with Mad Mimi.
- Click Integrations.
- Click the Action button and select + Add Integration.
- Select Mad Mimi.
- Enter your Mad Mimi account email address.
- Get your Secret API Key from Mad Mimi by clicking this link and then clicking the API tab on the right. Link not working? Log into your Mad Mimi dashboard, click Account at the top and then select the API tab on the right side of the screen.
- Double-click the Secret API Key to select it and copy it to your clipboard.
- Return to the BookFunnel dashboard and paste the Mad Mimi Secret API Key.
- Click Integrate Mad Mimi.
- Scroll down to review your email signup pages. Click the edit button next to any email signup page to select the Mad Mimi list that you want all new email addresses sent to.
- Click Save and Close to save the new page settings. Any email address collected before you selected your Mad Mimi list and clicked Save will need to be exported from BookFunnel and manually imported to Mad Mimi. All new subscriber email addresses collected after you clicked Save will be added automatically.
Use Mad Mimi Without Direct Integration
If direct mailing list integration isn’t for you, how else can you deliver your book using BookFunnel? Using one of these two options:
The first option is to create a simple download page that you email to your subscribers through Mad Mimi. The second option is to create an email signup page on BookFunnel and then import the emails from BookFunnel into your Mad Mimi account every day or two.
You Collect the Email Address, We Deliver the Book
Once you upload your book and create a simple download page on BookFunnel, you can then email its BookFunnel link to your readers through Mad Mimi. The basic steps are:
- Create a simple download page on BookFunnel and copy its Link For Readers.
- Paste the link into your automated welcome email on Mad Mimi
- Create a sign-up form on Mad Mimi and link to it or embed it on your author website.
- Drive reader traffic to your sign-up form so that they can subscribe.
- Once they have joined your list, Mad Mimi will send them the “welcome” email that contains the BookFunnel link.
- Your new subscribers can click the BookFunnel download link and download the book.
Pros: Available on all BookFunnel plans (including the First-Time Author plan!), simple to set up, uses your own landing page and/or website
Cons: Your BookFunnel download link can be shared online with other readers that did not sign up for your list, BookFunnel can’t track who downloads your book
We Collect Their Email Address, You Import the CSV
Available On: Mid-List, Bestseller, & Publisher Plans
Use an email signup page on BookFunnel and it will act as your landing page and delivery page, all in one! You can design a beautiful, custom landing page on BookFunnel in minutes. No web expertise necessary.
You drive reader traffic to your email signup page on BookFunnel and we will collect their email address on your behalf. We store their email address (and optionally first and last name) in a CSV on your dashboard.
You can then import the CSV of subscribers into Mad Mimi at your convenience. Follow these steps:
- Create an email signup page on BookFunnel that requires (or invites) readers to join your mailing list.
- Drive reader traffic to your BookFunnel signup page.
- Export the CSV of reader email addresses every day or two from BookFunnel and manually import it to Mad Mimi.
Pros: Saves time by eliminating the extra step of building a landing page on your own website, if your link is shared online, those extra subscribers can be added to your mailing list
Cons: You need to export the CSV of reader email addresses we collect on your behalf and import it to Mad Mimi regularly.
How to Export a CSV and Import it to Mad Mimi Manually
If your BookFunnel landing page is not sending readers to Mad Mimi automatically, you’ll need to add new reader emails manually.
Once you have exported the CSV, you will import it to Mad Mimi. To export the CSV from BookFunnel:
- Click Landing Pages on your BookFunnel dashboard
- Click the name of the landing page
- Click Export CSV
- Select Export New Subscribers (do not click this more than once, large CSVs may take a minute or two to be generated and available for download!)
- This will save the CSV to your computer, likely in your Downloads folder
Next, you will import the CSV to Mad Mimi:
- Log into your Mad Mimi dashboard
- Click Audience at the top of the screen.
- Click +Add Contacts and an import window will pop open.
- Select Many at a time.
- Upload your CSV from BookFunnel.
- Under Add to list at the bottom of the popup, choose the list you want the subscribers to be added to. The default is All.
- When asked How did you originally acquire these contacts?, select Through an online registration form.
- If asked, paste the Link for readers into the What’s the address (URL)?
- Click Submit.
Were these steps inaccurate? Please let us know! Mad Mimi is always tweaking their process and we want to keep our documentation current. Thank you!