Use ActiveCampaign to manage your mailing list and BookFunnel to deliver your ebooks!
Direct Integration From BookFunnel to ActiveCampaign
If your BookFunnel account includes direct integration, follow these steps to integrate with ActiveCampaign.
- Click Integrations.
- Click the Action button and select + Add Integration.
- Select ActiveCampaign.
- Click Connect to ActiveCampaign.
- If you aren’t logged in already, ActiveCampaign will require you to login in order to proceed.
- Once logged in, you can accept the BookFunnel App and then be bounced back to the BookFunnel dashboard.
- Scroll down and review your existing email signup pages. Click the edit button next to any email signup page to select the ActiveCampaign list that you want all new email addresses sent to.
- Click Save and Close to save the new page settings. Any email address collected before you selected your ActiveCampaign list and clicked Save will need to be exported from BookFunnel and manually imported to ActiveCampaign. All new subscriber email addresses collected after you clicked Save will be added automatically.
Use ActiveCampaign Without Direct Integration
If direct mailing list integration isn’t for you, how else can you deliver your book to your ActiveCampaign readers using BookFunnel? Using one of these two options:
The first option is to create a simple download page and then send it to your subscribers through ActiveCampaign. The second option is to create an email signup page on BookFunnel and then import the emails from BookFunnel into your ActiveCampaign account every day or two.
You Collect the Email Address, We Deliver the Book
Once you upload your book and create a simple download page on BookFunnel, you can then email its BookFunnel link to your readers through ActiveCampaign. The basic steps are:
- Create a simple download page on BookFunnel and copy its Link For Readers.
- Paste the link into your automated welcome email on ActiveCampaign
- Create a sign-up form on ActiveCampaign and link to it or embed it on your author website.
- Drive reader traffic to your sign-up form so that they can subscribe.
- Once they have joined your list, ActiveCampaign will send them the “welcome” email that contains the BookFunnel link.
- Your new subscribers can click the BookFunnel download link and download the book.
Pros: Available on all BookFunnel plans (including the First-Time Author plan!), simple to set up, uses your own landing page and/or website
Cons: Your BookFunnel download link can be shared online with other readers that did not sign up for your list, BookFunnel can’t track who downloads your book
We Collect Their Email Address, You Import the CSV
Available On: Mid-List, Bestseller, & Publisher Plans
Use an email signup page on BookFunnel and it will act as your landing page and delivery page, all in one! You can design a beautiful, custom landing page on BookFunnel in minutes. No web expertise necessary.
You drive reader traffic to your email signup page on BookFunnel and we will collect their email address on your behalf. We store their email address (and optionally first and last name) in a CSV on your dashboard.
You can then import the CSV of subscribers into ActiveCampaign at your convenience. Follow these steps:
- Create an email signup page on BookFunnel that requires (or invites) readers to join your mailing list
- Drive reader traffic to your BookFunnel signup page
- Export the CSV of reader email addresses every day or two from BookFunnel and manually import it to ActiveCampaign
Pros: Saves time by eliminating the extra step of building a landing page on your own website, if your link is shared online, those extra subscribers can be added to your mailing list
Cons: You need to export the CSV of reader email addresses we collect on your behalf and import it to ActiveCampaign regularly.
How to Export a CSV and Import it to ActiveCampaign Manually
If your BookFunnel landing page is not sending readers to ActiveCampaign automatically, you’ll need to export the reader email addresses from BookFunnel. Once you have exported the CSV, you will import it to ActiveCampaign manually.
To export the CSV from BookFunnel:
- Click Landing Pages on your BookFunnel dashboard
- Click the name of the landing page
- Click Export CSV
- Select Export New Subscribers (do not click this more than once, large CSVs may take a minute or two to be generated and available for download!)
- This will save the CSV to your computer, likely in your Downloads folder
- Once you’ve logged into your ActiveCampaign account, Click Contacts located in the left menu.
- Click the Import button.
- Click the Import from File button.
- A file browser will appear. Navigate to the file you wish to import and click it to select it.
- Your file will process and you will be redirected to the import screen. Map the columns in your file to fields in your account by clicking the dropdown for each field:
- Select which list you’ll be importing contacts into by clicking them. Note that this step is optional.
- Type the tags you wish to apply to all contacts once they’re imported. Note that this step is also optional.
- Make sure that Import As Active Contact is selected.
- Click the Import Now button once you’re done configuring settings.
The length of time it takes to import contacts will depend on the size of the CSV file. Most files will be imported in less than 10 minutes.
Were these steps inaccurate? Please let us know! ActiveCampaign is always tweaking their process and we want to keep our documentation current. Thank you!